We’re one of Fiji’s longest-standing and most respected insurance companies, providing our customers with a truly professional service for more than 140 years.
Tower's history dates back to 1874 when The National Insurance Company of New Zealand appointed its first agent in Levuka, Fiji.
From 1952 a small scale office was opened in Fiji, staffed by a local resident inspector employed by Stinsons Limited, then based in Suva. The association of the Stinson family proved to be of immense benefit and the Fiji branch made steady progress.
In order to bring the company closer to their Fijian operations, a new company was established called The National Insurance Company of Fiji taking over the operations of the Fiji branch on 1 September 1974.
Three years later in 1977 the company then acquired the Hartford Insurance Co. Limited portfolio followed by the Southern Pacific Insurance portfolio in 1980.
In 1999 the National Insurance Company of Fiji Limited changed its name to Tower Insurance Fiji Limited in line with the demutualisation of our parent company.